Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Eva Cassidy and Andy Summers...



Nothing in common really... If you haven't listened to Eva Cassidy, do so.She has an amazing voice and its a tragic shame she died at such a young age.I believe most of the material that she recorded was actually done once she knew she didnt have too long to live...tragic. Personal favorite is Autumn leaves..very apt for the time of year. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdp5a_eva-cassidy-autumn-leaves Not really why the mood has drifted..but it has..time of reflection when the clowds begin to gather for battle and the stormy weather starts rolling in..and there is a lot to reflect upon in what has been an interesting year to say the least. Funny that listening to this music hits some nostalgic notes and only today I actually gave some thought to my dad, who of course passed away a few years ago.I miss him in times of nostalgia.Maybe time to switch over to some brighter music.. Anyway, got home tonight and had a play on the whity fender strat..she needs her truss rod adjusted for sure.String height needs adjusted and the D string is fret buzzing..so that will e done tomorrow, too late now..She sounds great mind thru the ibanez ad80 echo with the marshall set on clean.. So then I got a thinking to telecasters and brass bridges..why o why? well, mainly down to Keith Richards as thats how he had them set up with only 5 strings on most and in a different tuning..so had a look around and guess whats coming next..doesnt look like I can get this until december, but it will be ordered anyway.Its an Andy Summers replica bridge incidently..

2 comments:

Heath said...

I'm going to be picking up one of those bridges too for my telecaster. Already installed an out of phase switch too. Now debating if I should go all out and install a preamp.

"Gonzo" said...

Well I had to wait for the guy to return from some personal business before he could start uilding mine, I've ordered and just can't wait for it to arrive.Should be arriving soon and the only question now is if I should fit it to my boat anchor 78 telecaster which I love the neck on, or if I should build a replica of summers tele...
I think the out of phase is a must to get some of the tones he got, as long as you have the right pick ups..The difference in pups is amazing , as well as the weight.
I presume you'd have to scoop out some wood like the summers tele to fit a pre-amp?