Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Monday, April 6, 2009

5 oclock alarm call

One of the problems with ebay is having to set the alarm to get up for the last minute of bidding.
Having lost a Hondo Lazer last week once the price went past $605 I decided to make sure I wouldn't lose this Washburn bantam.
This time I'd done my homework.
Now, back in the early 80s, a Hondo Lazer would set you back $399.
This Washburn would have set you back $999 ! Solid Alder body with a maple neck may be the answer, as well as active pickups and an altogether better made guitar I fancy! Three times the price, well there must be something in it. Of course, made in japan is always better than made in Korea, as the Hondo was.
I'm really happy I won the auction with a price that was under half of what I was bidding on the Hondo.
I mean to say, a brand new Hohner GT3 will set you back $699, and you can forget about the Steinberger Spirit which the Hohner out classes.
Not much written about these guitars on the net, I did find a price list from 84 and some information at a website.
I can't wait now, by all accounts this little beauty is gonna sing!



No comments: