Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Sunday, May 25, 2008

It's all about Tone....right?

Can't believe its a month since my last posting, christ how things are moving quickly!

Well the virus has gone and the sun has arrived which is one of the positives in Sweden, late nights will a hanging sun way up there! Negatives obviously being that i've missed the tipping point of beach 08 due to all the problems since november 07 and to date the x-ray count is up to 3 with a fourth and hopefully final x-ray (ultra sound) happening this coming wednesday.

They'll probably tell me I'm pregnant and I can sell the script to Hollywood about a man getting pregnant and having a baby...lets see, I could get Arnold Schwarzanegger to play me...and....dammit , its been done already....fucking amazing somebody got paid for that script, they must have seen the producer coming...
If you haven't seen that film, don't.Its beyond crap, and one step beyond that.

So, back to my x-ray, hopefully we'll get a green for go and I can try and get motivated to get rid of the layer of baconrasher thats formed since november.If I was an artist, (not the piss variety), they'd be calling this my " doinfuckall" period , with regards to training.
interesting how artists whose work commands great sums of gold get put into divisions of periods all depending on what drug they were dropping at the time.Lets face it, they're a weird sort, either lashed with wine or doped up with arsenic and acid and the resulting mess created in future generations is called something like, "Large Randy Spot" from XX's Blocks and Spheres period...estimated to auction at $53m...err, I'll have another one just like the other one...

So whats the guts I ask you?
well, many.It's all about tone, so whats that title about?
Once again I'm taking a trip , slightly hungover I may add after another "aprés-rugby soireé" to buy a Pete Townshend Gibson SG replica.I was asked yesterday,
why do you need more than one guitar?
my answer was simple, tone, sustain, sound, resonance, difference....you have to know the difference and hear it.Thinking about that its actually very similar to a lot of things, the differences in tone between guitars is the similar to the difference in people.
....some people you like, some people you don't, same with guitars, and the reasons are the slight imperfections in character, or the way they tone themselves, reliabilty, thick skinned would be like wearing powerslinkys and shredding your fingers,
.some guitars are easy, some are difficult, some appear to be easy and then surprise you by not being, some look good on the outside but are cheap behind the first layer...just like people...
...and with age and maturity they don't always improve despite the price increasing..
I'm at insane? well, nothing new there..

u see, i'm not an accomplished g-player, I just love the sound and the whole business of comprehension through playing and hearing the sound. I just finished the Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty and she is simply amazing, a tone monster that simply sustains for minutes.This is the wreck I bought that was stripped of its parts and shipped from the great lakes in the USA with worn wonderfrets and a neck repair that went wrong and was badly fixed..
She now adorns only the very best gold platina vintage parts that despite costing a second morgage are the only parts she deserves, from 59 grover tuners to a 63 bridge and thumbwheels,60s lightweight tailpeice with original long studs...tone, tone tone
The list of parts on their own mean nothing, but the sum of all parts equates to awesome!

Just had a couple of hours in the old town of Stockholm.You forget just how many tourists come over to this beautiful city and at the same time just how much crap the local try to sell them...not sure how much glass or viking crap there exists, but its all there...I also realised that gamlastan has become Little Italy with a host of Italian restaurants...I recall somebody wrote around 10 years ago that the pizza was the most popular dagens food...so don't go looking for Isterband, you'll be disppointed...
It's actually quite nice to have 3 hours to kill in the capital, especially when its sunny.Every side street and you'll find creepy guys looking out for the fuzz as street hawkers that we've all been warned about trying to play "hide the split pean under a box" and rip off the tourists...its such a con and people actually fall for it...not sure how many pikeys I saw creeping in and around the old buildings...all looks like a foto shoot from a dickens story except they wear those fantastic training suits that you only find in the baltic states...

As I started with, things have been all go with work become interesting and a conference next week in Greece to go too.Suffice to say to the older blog readers there is a twist in the tail of this rather weird cocktail we call life, but more on that next week...as I said, it's all about tone, and my life is getting loads of tone and sustain at the moment, more positives than a mathematics convention regarding "the plus sign and it's function"..

I'm still trying out that new sport, football I believe they call it. Makes people laugh when I say that, but keep in mind I wasn't allowed to play football in school, it was only Hockey, Rugby and cricket...so my debut started with Korp football and is still a new experience for me..can you imagine how fun that is? actually getting "a kick" from playing the biggest sport in the world and trying to master it..so I play (see "try")in two teams at the moment which is great to have something so different and to have some new "goals"......

I'm still failing in everyway to get time to fix the bike which is a real pain and something I really need to put more effort into as the weather is perfect just now...

Right, i've gotta jump off the train, i'll get back to tone once I've plugged the sg in and given it an airing.......

No comments: