Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Friday, August 28, 2009

Moving forwards....


Right then, the Telecaster body matched up perfectly with the same year '78 telecaster neck.Once this had been removed from its former body which was a mess to be honest, I noticed that non of the parts from the original project guitar would fit the genuine fender body.
Looking around at the options and prices decided to try and keep the guitar as original as possible (78 that is) with the exception of a rather cheap Mint Green telecaster pickguard which I thought may look the bizz on the black reliced body.
We shall see.
Despite the calls for a three brass saddle bridge on all telecasters I decided to use a genuine fender 6 saddle bridge ala '78.with everything else from 78 the main difference will be the pups which will be rio grande tallboys in neck and bridge position.
I'll get some pics up once the parts arrive and its plug n play time. I have to say it has one of my fav necks on the guitar.

No comments: