Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I wish.....

20 years ago, about 20 years, maybe not even that long, 16 years ago I had a friend who worked in a guitar shop in Inverness. A guy walked in one day and sold him a matching numbers 62 fiesta red strat...I brought that same guitar over to Sweden to try and get around 1500 quid for it...nobody wanted it...it was 100% original with a slight salmon pinking after all the years...
My mate sold it on for under that...you know how it is..

So, the other day I'm in ebay and I come across a perfect 62 fiesta red strat...price? £57,000
Okay, this was a museum piece and in perfect nick...but anyway...
Then, I found this one...a refinish..a 62...and I'm tempted...the price is high, higher than I've ever paid for a G, but I still remember the last one I held...



2 comments:

asdf said...

It's really funny how vintage guitars price can fetch these days!

"Gonzo" said...

It's incredible! And painful if you've had one and let it go...

I read that in 1979 you could buy a 59 les paul standard for $4500.

Now you get $450,000....