Pages

About Me

Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Should I mourn my decline with some thunderbird wine?

The countdown started of course upon conception, however now it's just around the corner and soon I'll enter in my 40's. Seems like everyone around me seem to be enjoying the fact that they are younger than me, as basically I couldn't care less.Not sure if thats a good or bad thing..

Will there be any changes once I hit the 4 0 ? Well of course, the porsche, the hair transplant, the dirty mack for the school yard. I was fortunate enough to have lost my hair at the 27 mark, having carried long hair for 16 years with teh firm belief that men should have long hair and that indeed for more centuries have had long as opposed to short. The fashion of short hair came around the same time the marketing people at elektrolux marketed white for kitchens and it stuck as being hygenic..That entire episode regarding white kitchens is a blogg within a blogg, not mentioning white for the Bogg!

Anyway, back to the question, should I mourn my decline with some thunderbird wine. Thought I'd start my Blogg off with some short facts to get the ball rolling, the mention of Thunderbird wine for a start hits the nostaligic button- not even sure if its still sold? Now that I have been living in Sweden for around 18 years the concept of explaining to people the Thunderbird "Pocket Rocket" goes down like cheap Bulgarian wine. I'm fairly convinced that those who perhaps read this intro will probably also lose the humourous side of the pocket rocket.
Of course, for those music lovers you'll pick up the line as being from Ian drurys "sweet Gene Vincent"..With the advent of Youtube hopefully people may actually have heard of the polio stricken genius.

Seems like nostalia seems to be the added bonus of being remnded around the clock that your an old git, those players around me actually showing surprise that I can keep up, and indeed produce performances that match Janet Jackson at Superbowl..(or was that at Stockholm 10s.the burst nipple, another freakish story..)

I heard a rather interesting description of myself from a friend just the other day, he had described me as a guy with the body of a 25 year old, the lungs of a 20 year old and the mental capacity of a 12 year old. I disagreed completely and mentioned that 12 was far too old. However, hearing this aint so bad!

Right back to the intro..
Age :39
Sex: yeah, well alright, male
job: paper shifter, trafficer of paperwork, however through genius have the title Project leader/project management assistant..commonly known as office boy..
Hobbies: Rugby Currently National side coach to the senior mens team here in Sweden.More about that later, including news from the abyss..

Lived in Sweden for around 18 years, have two great sons from a previous, have worked from cleaning hotel rooms to being a team leader for netops (network admin).
Storys I have..So I will update day to day,

Nice to be up here!

áye´

No comments: